[Qgis-developer] QGIS Preview Release 2

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 15:32:12 EDT 2006

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> If Tom can't get to the Mac build, I could take care of it.  Though they
> would have my frameworks external for dependencies (GDAL, PROJ, ...),
> instead of internal libraries.  I think Tom was considering or
> interested in using the frameworks, and they're in a stable state now.

Having both is useful. The framework build is good for people using
GRASS or MapServer because it minimizes disk space by using a shared set
of libraries. My original package is good for someone who has no GIS
apps installed and would like to try QGIS alone. There is only one item
to copy or it can even be run directly from the disk image.

A new standalone image is at:
http:://www.compassowl.com/qgis-0.8.0pre2.dmg.gz
It has not been tested on an Intel Mac.

Tom