[Qgis-developer] Mac qgis.app bin folder in PATH?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Sep 22 12:56:47 EDT 2006

In the Mac qgis.app, is the MacOS/bin folder in the app package added
to the shell PATH on startup?  I'm thinking of adding miscellaneous
helper executables that a user might not have installed and want to
make sure that they would be automatically found by QGIS.  ie:
gpsbabel for the GPS plugin.

Or maybe plugins, or QGIS as a whole, need an option in the GUI to
add to the executable PATH.  Being a GUI app, many users won't want
to or know how to mess around with shell env variables.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people
of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating
the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war