[Qgis-developer] Re: qgs->apl (ArcPad)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Sep 28 21:46:07 EDT 2006

> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> If I come up with something usefull I'll let you know.

OK. Attached is the mega-preliminary qgs->apl "converter". It is
limited. But it does what I wanted it to, ie:

- converts a qgs containing a *single*, unique-value classified layer
- polygon/line color and line width are preserved
- line and polygon dashing are not (I didn't need that and didn't know
how to do it)

Requires Awk and Bash.

Usage: load a polygon vector into QGIS, assign symbology using the
unique value, save the project, use the script like 'qgs2apl.sh -i
input.qgs -o output.apl'. Name the output after your shapefile (eg.
your shapefile is 'vector.shp', then specify 'vector.apl' for -o). Put
your apl file in the same dir where the shapefile is stored. When you
load the shapefile into ArcPad, the features should be preserved as
described above.

Tested on QGIS current SVN and ArcPad 7, with a few layers.

I hope it will be of any use for someone.

Best,
Maciek

P.S.
Why are the colors stored in RBG order instead of RGB in the qgs?