[Qgis-developer] Out of source build not working

Mark Coletti mcoletti at lychnobite.org
Tue Apr 10 18:59:44 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 06:46:55PM -0400, Mark Coletti wrote:
> I've followed the following Wiki instructions for an out of source
> build found at http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Building_with_CMake :

[...]

> And this happens:
>
> mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build> make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>

> Because:
>
> mcoletti at mcolettib886:~/projects/qgis/build> ll
> total 0
>

> I'm, for the third time, going to nuke the entire source tree and to a
> fresh checkout from subversion and try again.

  The build now appears to be operating normally in a separate 'build'
  directory.  This suggests that if you have already done a
  configuration via cmake that the given instructions for doing
  subsequent builds in separate directory hierarchies won't work.
  Again, I'm not confident in that assertion since I'm new to cmake.

Cheers,

Mark