[Qgis-developer] Question about grass Integration

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Apr 12 06:53:42 EDT 2007

Hello Nikos,

"Nikos Geronitidis" <geronik444 at gmail.com>, [20070412-13:46:20]:

> Hello
>
>     I have posted this question in order to contact with Radim Blazek
> who is reported to have done a lot of work with the grass integration
> part, but also to accept
> advices from QGis Developers.
> I am interested in adding new modules for Grass Tools that are part
> of the GrassPlugin.
> I have already red the instructions given at
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox?highlight=%28grass%29
> .
> Is this neccessary when using this method reported on this link, to
> compile the qgis source? Is there an alternative method? (e.g. is it
> possible to add new modules on grass tools
> in an already installed version of qgis?

Yes, it is possible. You just need to copy the relevant XML and
image-files to the appropriate place in your already-installed
QGIS-installation.

QGIS will pick up the modules after a restart of QGIS AFAIK.

Perhaps we should a new paragraph to the wiki which describes how to
integrate new modules in a personal copy of QGIS for local use (and
later integration upstream).

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998