[Qgis-developer] save as shapefile has trouble with multi-geometry features

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:45:04 EDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Matthew Perry <perrygeo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On to my question...  the export to shapefile works great for layers
> with single-part geometries but all multi-geometry features seem to be
> dropped from the output. (see attached screenshots). The console shows
> the following error for each multi-geometry it enountered:
>
> ERROR 1: Length of input WKB is too small
>
> I'm not too familiar with the vector provider stuff .. is this an easy fix?

Hi Matthews,

what data provider are the data from? I've found out that OGR can
return layer type of a shapefile as Polygon type even though there are
some Multipolygons. That's the cause why multipolygons are not handled
correctly. Is OGR the provider from which you've exported data or is
this a problem also in some other providers?

Regards,
Martin