[Qgis-developer] save as shapefile has trouble with multi-geometry features

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:06:42 EDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> what data provider are the data from? I've found out that OGR can
> return layer type of a shapefile as Polygon type even though there are
> some Multipolygons. That's the cause why multipolygons are not handled
> correctly. Is OGR the provider from which you've exported data or is
> this a problem also in some other providers?

I have only tested with OGR data and, yes, OGR does report polygon
data type when there are multi-polygons (for this dataset at least).

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller