[Qgis-developer] Bug in Georeferencer Helmert 0.8.1

Sebastian Schmitz sebastian.schmitz at wheregroup.com
Wed Aug 1 04:11:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

we seek (commercial) QGIS support for this considerably urgent issue (3
week deadline) concerning georeferencing in QGIS (ie Helmert
Transformation on Gauß-Krüger2 coordinates). Find below a thread from
qgis-dev.
The bug is fixed in 0.9, but svn commits in georeferencer plugin do not
reveal where that happened or who has done that. Tim Suttons explained
> .... but one thing is that the QGIS library itself has undergone many
> changes between 0.8.1 and 0.9 and as such it may be difficult to pn
> down exactly what changed in the underlying code base to resolve your
> issue in 0.9
Is anybody able to offer the service of extracting the bug fix from 0.9
and backporting it to a patch for 0.8.1? If so, please do swiftly.

Cheers

Sebastian

Tim Sutton schrieb:
> Hi Sebastian
>
> At this stage we do not have the manpower to maintain both 0.8.1 and
> 0.9 branches. Im hoping that we can get a sponsorship programme going
> to support a few full time developers where we can put more focus on
> enterprise users. At the moment however we need to get QGIS feature
> complete first and then stabilise that and get a 1.0 release out. 1.0
> will have long term stabilisation support with a stable api for
> application integrators to programme against.
>
> For your particular issue it should be possible to get a patch made by
> one of the folks offering commercial services around QGIS - we have  a
> list on the QGIS home page of commercial support providers.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> Em 24/07/2007, às 08:57, Sebastian Schmitz escreveu:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there seems to be a bug in the georeferencer plugin. In a project that
>> uses EPSG:31466 (GaussKrüger2) running a Helmert transformation to
>> georeference an image, I get a wrong result. This bug seems to have been
>> fixed in 0.9. I need to run 0.8.1. Will there be a patch for 0.8.1?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Sebastian

> Tim Sutton
>
> QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
> Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
>
> openModeller Desktop Developer
> Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
> niche modelling tool