[Qgis-developer] qgis organigram, code maintainers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:11:14 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

> From the development side, I'd like to have code maintainers for different
> parts of the code, e.g. for the different plugins and providers and parts of
> the qgis libs. A code maintainer would review patches for the corresponding
> part, coordinate the efforts of interested developers, answer questions and
> make sure the code is in a clean and up-to-date state. I hope that such an
> organisation will help us to better coordinate our efforts and make it
> clearer for new developers where to ask for guidance. It would also be
> visible which modules currently lack a maintainer (e.g. in my opinion GRASS
> module).

Hi Marco,

I like this idea... I'm also wondering what should we do with code
without a maintainer...

> The code maintainers would add one or more lines to their e-mail signature
> such to make it clear for everyone, e.g.
>
> Tim Sutton
> Maintainer QGIS raster module

In my opinion this is not really needed, I would just prefer keeping
the list of maintainers somewhere on wiki page...

> - python bindings: Martin
> - core lib: Martin
> - gui lib: Martin

I'm fine to maintain these parts of code.
By the way, we should start calling qgis python bindings just shortly PyQGIS.

Bye
Martin