[Qgis-developer] QGIS and platforms

Tom Russo tom.km5vy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:45:08 EST 2007

 On 2/1/07, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Tom Russo <tom.km5vy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, while I was able to configure FreeBSD 5.5 with
> > "cmake -DGRASS_PREFIX=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
> > -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/bin/qmake ."
> > it failed to link because the options necessary to pull in pthreads
> > weren't automagically detected.
>
> On what linking does it fail? When building qgis_core lib or qgis application?
> When you add pthreads library to linking, does it compile and run well?

The failure is in the link of the qgis application:

[ 30%] Built target qgis_gui
Linking CXX executable qgis
/usr/local/lib/libpython2.4.so: warning: warning: tmpnam() possibly
used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/local/lib/libpython2.4.so: warning: warning: tempnam() possibly
used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_cleanup_pop'
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_attr_destroy'
/usr/local/lib/libpython2.4.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_attr_init'
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_cancel'
[etc.]

> > configure has a special case for freebsd that adds -lpthread to
> > QT_LIBS, not exactly sure at first pass how to force that through
> > cmake.
>
> Is it really a Qt dependency and not a dep of another package? I'm
> asking just because it seems that people build KDE4 successfully on
> FreeBSD with CMake and I haven't found any problems mentioned on
> mailing lists.

According to the error messages, it's Qt that needs the threading libraries.

It may well be that KDE4's CMakeLists.txt file has calls to the
FindThreads package or some similar trick.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM