Fwd: [Qgis-developer] QGIS and platforms

Tom Russo tom.km5vy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:20:08 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Russo <tom.km5vy at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 2, 2007 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS and platforms
To: Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>

On 2/2/07, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Tom Russo <tom.km5vy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So it seems that FindQt4 macro is not ready for this situation. If so,
> > > we should report it to CMake developers - but could you please check
> > > first whether this problem stays also in latest CMake release?
> > >
> > > And for the current situation - will setting CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS
> > > in ccmake to "-pthread" help to continue the build?
> >
> > Adding "-DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread" to the cmake line does
> > indeed allow the compile to continue past where it was dying earlier.
> > Now, instead of getting linker errors in making the qgis_gui library
> > at 30%, it gets to 59% and complains so:
> >
> > [ 59%] Building CXX object src/app/CMakeFiles/qgis.dir/moc_qgspythondialog.o
> > Linking CXX executable qgis
> > /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore.so: undefined reference to
> > `pthread_cleanup_pop'
> >
> > and so forth.
>
> Good, so please try setting also CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS and
> CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS variables to -pthread and I hope it will
> build everything.

Yes, indeedie.  So the necessary cmake command line for FreeBSD 5.5 was:

cmake -DGRASS_PREFIX=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/bin/qmake
-DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread
-DCMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-pthread
.

This got everything to compile and link.  I haven't tested whether it
runs properly yet, because I'm not near the machine and can't run it
remotely over dial-up.  I'll report later if there's any problem
running it.

I don't have any machines currently running FreeBSD6, so can't check it there.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM