[Qgis-developer] Mac OSX - Clean machine setup issues

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Feb 3 05:03:33 EST 2007

Hi Tom and William

I got my dead MacBook restored to life last week. They replaced the
motherboard, hard drive and keyboard. This presented me with a nice
opportunity to set up my Mac OSX development environment from scratch
while documenting the process.

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingOnMacOsX (added in above the old notes).

The notes document what I have done so far. Now when I run cmake .. I
get the following:

tims-computer:~/dev/cpp/qgis/build tim$ cmake ..
-- Found Proj: /Library/Frameworks/proj.framework
-- Found Sqlite3: /Library/Frameworks/sqlite3.framework
-- Found GEOS: /Library/Frameworks/geos.framework
FindGDAL.cmake: gdal-config not found. Please set it manually.
GDAL_CONFIG=GDAL_CONFIG-NOTFOUND
-- Could not find PostgreSQL
-- Could not find Expat
FindGSL.cmake: gsl-config not found. Please set it manually.
GSL_CONFIG=GSL_CONFIG-NOTFOUND
-- Could not find GRASS
-- Python libraries found
-- SIP not found!
-- PyQt4 not found!
-- Python bindings disabled due dependency problems!
CMake Error: Some dependencies were not found!
-- Found Qt-Version 4.2.2
-- Configuring done

So my questions are:

1) What was the trick for getting cmake to find gdal properly?
2) Do you know if GSL is available as a framework?
3) If I install your (Williams) Grass installler without X will cmake
pick it up and will Grass work properly in QGIS?
4) Whats the neatest way to get SIP support?

My goal is for everything to be done with maximum ease for potential
new developers of QGIS on mac, avoiding building dependencies from
source and leaving minimum clutter / duplication of libs on the
system. Ie it should look nothing like my last development environment
looked :-p

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Regards

Tim