[Qgis-developer] Mac OSX - Clean machine setup issues

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Feb 4 05:59:54 EST 2007

Hi

Thanks for the replies Tom / William / Magnus

I bit the bullet and built expat / gsl / sip / pyqt from source. For
some reason SIP does net get found though:

tims-computer:~/dev/cpp/qgis/build tim$ cmake -D
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/tim/apps/ -D
GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/bin/gdal-config -D
GRASS_PREFIX=/Applications/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources -D
GSL_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/gsl-config -D WITH_BINDINGS=ON -D
WITH_GRASS=ON ..
-- Found Proj: /Library/Frameworks/proj.framework
-- Found Sqlite3: /Library/Frameworks/sqlite3.framework
-- Found GEOS: /Library/Frameworks/geos.framework
-- Found GDAL: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/lib/libgdal.so
-- Could not find PostgreSQL
-- Found Expat: /usr/local/lib/libexpat.dylib
-- Using GSL from /usr/local
-- Found GRASS: /Applications/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources (6.3.0-CVS-07012401)
-- Python libraries found
-- SIP not found!
-- Python bindings disabled due dependency problems!
-- Found Qt-Version 4.2.2
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/tim/dev/cpp/qgis/build

Grass does seem to be found ok from Williams GRASS.app using the
configuration option shown above. Tom any idea what to do to get SIP
detected properly?

Regards

Tim