[Qgis-developer] Re: SVN TRUNK: Problems compiling third party app using qgis libs

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 02:38:53 EST 2007

On 2/7/07, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi again
>
> To answer my own question a little it seems to be CORE_EXPORT e.g.
>
> class CORE_EXPORT QgsPoint
>
> That is causing my problems....I guess application needs to define this now?

You're right, Tim. I just forgot to announce this. It's the hack for
correct windows linking, Qt uses a similar one. One possibility would
be to #define CORE_EXPORT and GUI_EXPORT in 3rd party apps, other
possibility is to create a small header that will handle this
automatically and all headers will include it. I think the second
option sounds better as it's not very kind to user to demand #defining
something he doesn't know about.

Martin