[Qgis-developer] QGIS workshop(s) at FOSS4g2007

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Fri Feb 9 11:44:36 EST 2007

Greetings,

The FOSS4G2007 conference is scheduled for September 24-27, 2007 in
Victoria, Canada. I sent out information on the call for workshops
earlier in the week. The web page can be found at: http://
www.foss4g2007.org/workshops.html

It would be good if several of you (developers/users) submitted a
proposal. I think workshops that illustrate the application of QGIS
in real-world situations would be good, however they would have to
have a broad enough scope to appeal to a wide audience.

Developer focused workshops are also of value. In particular,
something along the lines of plugin development, application
development using QGIS libraries, and plugin/application development
using Python would be of interest. I'm sure you have more and better
ideas.

Read the call for workshops to see the focus areas the organizers are
interested in for this years event.

I have a favor to ask. If you are planning to submit a workshop
proposal, please email me with a few details. I would like to not
only be aware of what is being proposed, but also be aware of any
overlap and possibility for collaboration. If you want to share your
plan with the list, feel free to do so, otherwise just email me
directly. I have set up a wiki page that can be used to document
conference plans as they evolve:

    http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/FOSS4G2007_Conference

If you need write access to the wiki, create an account and then
email me or <tim at linfiniti.com>.

Finally, we are hoping to be able to offer a subsidy for folks
presenting a workshop or paper at the conference. This would apply to
those that lack any corporate/academic funding. The amount of subsidy
will be decided on a case by case basis and will offset some of your
costs, not cover them all.

Thanks for your participation in QGIS!

- -gary
Gary Sherman