[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] New Poll

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 10 05:43:51 EST 2007

Hi Horst, Paolo, Stephan

In an ideal situation, the GRASS vector provider would hide the details of the
topological data model and change requests like addFeatures, deleteFeatures,
changeGeometryValues etc. from QGIS to grass specific editing calls. Of
course this is not a trivial task. And some concepts (like centroids), which
do not exist in QGIS at all could made provider dependent (buttons
deactivated for providers not supporting it). But in my opinion, the benefits
of having a unified GUI for digitising would be enormous and therefore worth
the effort. And the GRASS users would automatically have the benefits of
rollback changes with the start editing/stop editing buttons.

cheers,
Marco