[Qgis-developer] 0.8.1 release plans (and Mac OSX Build issue)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Feb 11 06:11:58 EST 2007

Hi

> Because the message was about 0.8, I responded (autoresponded? ;) ) with
> info for the old build  process. I haven't tried cmake with 0.8 because
> it doesn't fix anything for 0.8/Mac and, as has happened for you, may
> raise new problems to be solved.

There are some projection related fixes and other cleanups from Magnus
and others in 0.8 which should affect all platforms.

> Regarding your error, if you are using cmake, the advice is somewhat the
> opposite of the previous message. Cmake may be finding Qt headers
> somewhere in the /usr/local tree. Finding Qt headers outside of a
> framework on a Mac seems to confuse cmake. In this case, you don't want
> an include symlink (and one isn't necessary even for the old build system).

Im pretty sure this isnt the problem since I only have the dmg install
on my system and no othere Qt stuff anywhere else. I kinda wanted to
keep my system clean and avoid any post install hacks on Qt to make
things work - hence my interenst in cmake. Also since we are not sure
how long 0.8.x is going to be around I thought it might be nice to
have the cmake build process available for developers wanting to use
cmake since in my opinion the build process is much simpler and
cleaner using cmake (not to mention faster).

I will try diffing the various cmake files to see if I can spot any
mac fixes in trunk that didnt make it into Magnus's backport to 0.8.

Regards

Tim
> Tom

Tim Sutton