[Qgis-developer] 0.8.0: some comments/problems

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Feb 15 07:58:08 EST 2007

Hello Tim,

"Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com>, [20070215 - 09:29:08]

> Hi
>
> 2007/2/15, Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>:
> > Dear Qgissers,
> >
> > while working hard with the qgis 0.8.0 win32 binaries from
> > download.qgis.org I found some oddities. Perhaps you are aware of
> > them, if not I will create a bug-entry in the tracker:
> >
> > * Query-Build inside the metadata-tab does not open for
> > PostGIS-layers. It works on GNU/Linux though. Using the
> > Querybuilder by double-clicking the layername inside the
> > open-dialog, everything works fine though.
>
> This is a known issue e.g. http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/507
>
> > * SPIT: once starting the import of a shapefile the 'cancel'-button
> >   does not work anymore. It would be nice to cover the import into a
> >   transaction block that 'cancel' could be easily rolled back.
>
> Ok I think this needs a feature request filed so we dont forget it.

Done:
http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/593

> > * The OGR-driver where GRASS is linked against does not support
> >   PostGIS. This should be changed so that GRASS can export to
> > PostGIS directly using v.out.ogr. (Is it save to exchange the
> > gdal|ogr.dll with one with postgresql-support, perhaps from fwtools
> > for win32?!)
>
> Ok good suggestion. We will need to rebuild gdal in the msys anyway
> which I am planning to do for the 0.8.1 release so we can be using
> gdal 1.4. I will try to build it with postgis support. I dont know if
> its safe to use the one from fwtools - all I can suggest is to try
> yourself and see if it works...

Done:
http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/594

> > The next 'problem' appear on both windows and linux-systems:
> > * Snap-Distance for editing PostGIS-layers does somehow not work
> >   correctly. Also 2 Error-boxes appear with the hint to the place to
> >   change this.
> >

> I also had problems with this when trying to move vertices....another
> one for the bug tracker.

Done:
http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/595

> > Some suggestion:
> > * GRASS toolbox: The module-name should be prompted somewhere on the
> >   tab, perhaps directly over the first entry-fields of the
> > module-tab? This would make it easier to see which module is open.
>
> And one for the tracker!

Done:
http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/596

> > As always, thanks for your hard work on QGIS though.
> >

> We will address what we can in 0.8.1 and continue with 0.8.2 etc if
> needed.

Sounds wonderfull. Any timelines when 0.8.1 will be available?!

Best
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998