[Qgis-developer] question about location of providerregistry and pluginregistry

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 19 16:21:38 EST 2007

Hi,

In svn head, qgsproviderregistry.h is in core/ directory and
qgspluginregistry.h in app/ directory. I wanted to ask what the reason for
this is.
Backgournd of my question is that I'm trying to restore the diagram overlay
from project file. For this, QgsVectorLayer needs to have a pointer to the
diagram plugin (in case it is loaded). From a pure technical point of view
this is similar to QgsVectorLayer using QgsProviderRegistry to restore a data
provider from project file. But because plugin registry is in app, vector
layer is not allowed to use it, as code in core should not depend on code in
app.
Is it possible that QgsPluginRegistry could be in core? Or is there a more
intelligent way of getting the plugin pointer?

Thanks,
Marco