[Qgis-developer] Awards for 0.8 release

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Sat Feb 24 14:48:57 EST 2007

All,
As you know, we have funds donated towards development work. We had
planned on hiring a developer but due to schedule conflicts and
timing, he was unable to devote much time to the release.

  I therefore propose to use a portion of the funds to award all
developers who contributed to the release of 0.8.0. QGIS is developed
on an entirely volunteer basis and developers have spent countless
hours of their own time on the project. I therefore think it is
appropriate to recognize this devotion of time (over many years for
some folks) with a modest award.

Though imperfect, the amounts are based on the number of commits.
While this isn't a good indicator of total time spent, it does
represent the amount of effort an individual has put into the release.

The proposed awards are listed below (using commit name or IRC nick),
along with the commit information:
commits |   username   | amount
- ---------+--------------+--------
      452 | timlinux     |    500
      430 | g_j_m        |    450
      307 | rblazek      |    350
      220 | mhugent      |    250
       51 | morb_au      |    100
       66 | telwertowski |    100
       76 | wonder       |    100
       16 | homann       |     50
        2 | larsl        |     50
        8 | mcoletti     |     50
        4 | perrygeo     |     50
        5 | shalasz      |     50
      187 | gsherman     |      0

The award amount is the number of commits, rounded to the nearest
$50. All amounts are $ US.

For those committing to the documentation of QGIS, I propose $100
each to sholl, odassau, and morb_au.

The total amount of awards is $2,400, leaving approximately $1,900
for work towards the 0.9 release. This is a one-time award. The PSC
must meet and decide how to use the remaining and future funds.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please submit them to the
qgis-psc mailing list rather than qgis-dev -- or you can email me
directly. You can find information about joining qgis-psc mailing
list at http://qgis.org/content/view/115/96.

I plan to make the awards March 3, 2007.

- -gary

Gary Sherman
Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting