[Qgis-developer] Windows native GRASS build

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 07:47:53 EST 2007

On 1/1/07, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Happy new year all!
>
> For those of you following the GRASS on windows efforts with QGIS, I
> have now got GRASS building with all but about 20 modules under
> msys/windows. I havent compiled in postgresql support yet.. GRASS
> attribute viewing and man page viewing are now working under windows
> qgis for me. There are two small issues remaining that I noticed (and
> maybe more that others will notice):
>
> 1) Every time a layer is added a black console box temporarily appears
> and then disappears.

It is known problem, db driver is exe and when it is started by spawnl()
it opens Windows console for a while. I am not Win expert and I dont know
how to avoid this. I have asked already in QGIS and GRASS devel lists.

> 2) When clicking on a tool inthe GRASS toolbox, I get a message like:
>    "Warning: cannot find key output"

Which module?

> 3) Are any of the unbuilt modules listed below particularly vital to
> have in the QGIS 0.8 binary installer for windows?
>
> I will upload a binary for testing tonight or tomorrow.
>
> I compiled with the following options:
>
> ./configure --build=i686-pc-mingw32 \
>             --with-jpeg-libs=/bin \
>             --with-libs=/local/lib/ \
>             --with-png-libs=/bin \
>             --with-fftw-libs=/local/lib \
>             --with-fftw-includes=/local/include \
>             --with-includes=/local/include \
>             --with-includes=/include \
>             --with-tcltk=no \
>             --with-postgres=no \

Postgres is important IMO.

>             --with-opengl=no
>
> And the end of make report looks like this:

> GRASS GIS compilation log
> -------------------------
> Started compilation: Sun Dec 31 20:15:24 CST 2006
> --
> Errors in:
> /src/grass6/display/drivers/PNG

Not used.

> /src/grass6/imagery/i.class
> /src/grass6/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image
> /src/grass6/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2target
> /src/grass6/imagery/i.points
> /src/grass6/imagery/i.vpoints

Some i.* modules which depend on GRASS monitor must be
impemented in QGIS in future. No solution for now.

> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.daemon
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.edgedensity
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchdensity
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchnumber
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.shape
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.simpson
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.shannon
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.meanPatchSize
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.meanPixelAttribute
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionCV
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionSD
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.patchAreaDistributionRANGE
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.contrastWeightedEdgeDensity
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.richness
> /src/grass6/raster/r.li/r.li.dominance

Not crucial.

Radim