[Qgis-developer] HOW TO COMPILE QGIS FROM SOURCE CODE FOR WINDOWS?

David Willis lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 17:34:12 EST 2007

> sijan ahamed wrote:
>> HOW TO COMPILE QGIS FROM SOURCE CODE FOR WINDOWS?
>
> Good question! Has anyone succeeded to compile Windows wtih cmake?
>
> I get compile errors in src/core/spatialindex
>
> Magnus

Well, I've got it all to build so far (no GRASS or Python support) using a
cmake generated Visual Studio solution. I had to tweak a few files in
qgis_core (tools.cc springs to mind). I also had to tweak one of the
cmakelists.txt files. Having said that, I've not been able to get it to
run yet. I could copy all the dlls to one directory by hand but I can't be
bothered. I'll need to have a look at cmake's install stuff and find some
way of getting it to set up Visual Studio's dependencies stuff (copy
dependent dlls to runtime directories and so on). I've also modified the
win32 icon file so that the .rc file can now be included directly in the
source file list for building. If anyone's interested, I can attempt to
put a patch together. Bear in mind though that this is a work in
progress...

David