[Qgis-developer] Re: I AM NOT ABLE TO CREATE DATABASE USING TEMPLATE_POSTGIS

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jan 27 02:28:45 EST 2007

Hi

See (as I suggested several times before)

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum

Randomly asking questions without doing any research into the answer
yourself is not going to help you get answers...your question relates
to the use of postgresql / postgis and you should ask your question on
their mailing lists - unless its something that specifically happens
while interacting with QGIS - which I cant tell because you havent
posted any supportive information.

Please read the page at this link - you will be amazed at how much
more easily you will actually get answers to your questions...

Tim

On 1/27/07, sijan ahamed <sijan4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I AM NOT ABLE TO CREATE DATABASE USING TEMPLATE_POSTGIS
> error:
> template_postgis is already used by another user
> sho
>

> On 1/26/07, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As Martin suggested its probably easiest to copy and paste and
> > existing plugin directory (.e.g. north arrow plugin) and then just
> > rename the classes / reimplement the application logic. At some stage
> > in the future I hope to integrate a small plugin builder into the gui
> > and make it work with python bindings, but I have not exact idea when
> > I will get time to do this.
> >
> > For writing new grass modules there is a tutorial on the qgis wiki here:
> >

> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox?highlight=%28grass%29
> >
> > Also if you use the wiki search function for 'grass' you will find
> > further helpful advice.
> >
> > Can I gently nudge you once again to read this:

> > In particular its good to put a subject line in your mails to the list
> > so the messages can be properly threaded.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > On 1/22/07, sijan ahamed < sijan4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > > Thanx a lot for ur reply.....
> > > I would like to add new plugins to QGIS 0.8 on windows platform.And also
> > > wish to bring grass modules on grass tools plugin to tool bar for
> > > userfriendly.
> > > How should i proceed?
> > >
> > > I read many blog sites,but am not getng correct path...
> > > Hope you can help me...
> > >
> > > sijan
> > > --
> > > jaan