[Qgis-developer] Build version 0.8.1 with Visual C++ 2005 Express

David Willis lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 18:28:47 EDT 2007

> Excellent stuff, Do you think you will be able to port your work to
> trunk? I can aply your patch to 0.8.x branch but at this stage I am
> unsure if there will be a 0.8.2 release or if we will proceed directly
> to the release of 0.9.0 - so it would be a great addition to the trunk
> of QGIS.

I actually started all this on the trunk a couple of months ago so I have
a partially complete bunch of changes. I think I have the core QGIS app
building but no plugins yet. It'll probably take the addition of some
_decl_spec(dll_export/import) statements to various classes to get the
plugins to build. Not sure how much changed between 0.8 and trunk but I
suspect that all the same classes will need changing, I just need to find
where they moved to...
I'm off on holiday this week so can't do anything with it but I can get
back to it next weekend. I've just seen the mail on the release schedule
for 0.9. I think I should probably manage to get this done during the week
of the 16th. I guess this sort of work doesn't count as a 'feature'.

Regards,
David