[Qgis-developer] 0.9 compile problem

Jesse Ayers jrayers at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 16 13:14:54 EDT 2007

Hello all, if this is not the correct list to post this problem to, please
point me in the right direction.

I am trying to compile 0.9 on Windows XP with python bindings.  I am getting
pretty far, but have a blocker of a problem at the moment.  When running
'make' it gets to this point and stops:

[ 66%] Generating qt_sv.qm
Updating 'C:/workspace/qgis/build/i18n/qt_sv.qm'...
    Generated 701 translations (701 finished and 0 unfinished)
[ 66%] Generating qt_zh_CN.qm
Updating 'C:/workspace/qgis/build/i18n/qt_zh_CN.qm'...
    Generated 525 translations (446 finished and 79 unfinished)
    Ignored 187 untranslated source texts
[ 70%] Built target translations
[ 70%] Generating core/Makefile, gui/Makefile
Parsing SIP files for 'core' library...
sip: Unable to find file "QtCore/QtCoremod.sip"
Parsing SIP files for 'gui' library...
sip: Unable to find file "QtCore/QtCoremod.sip"
Creating makefiles...
Error: Unable to open "C:/workspace/qgis/python/core/core.sbf": [Errno 2] No
such file or directory: 'C:/workspace/qgis/python/core/core.sbf'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [python/core/Makefile] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

I do have a QtCoremod.sip file on my machine, but not in the 'build'
directory.  I have placed it in several places and run this again, but it
never finds it and stops at this point.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get past this?  We are considering
building a standalone python application using QGIS functionality combined
with our own, and would love to start messing with this.

Thanks in advance

--
Jesse Ayers
Center for Urban Simulation and Policy Analysis