[Qgis-developer] Build version 0.9 with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 20 21:51:44 EDT 2007

Hi David

Yes I meant the dlls, libs and headers.
My view is that if we can make it zero effort for people to develop
with  QGIS then so much the better - so having Qt etc in the deps
bundle makes a lot of sense to me.

I havent tried using FWTools for win dev so Im not sure whether they
are build with VC++ or mingw.

Best regards

Tim

Em 20/07/2007, às 20:46, David Willis escreveu:

>> Excellent stuff - any atches you submit will be greatfully accepted!
>> Mark it for my or Marcos attention. If you have any ammendments to
>
> OK, hopefully I should have this done this weekend...
>
>> the build process it would be great to document the process. Ideally
>> I'd add a section to INSTALL.t2t in the top level source dir for
>> Windows VC++. How much work would it be for you to put together a
>> bundle of all the dependencies you created to build - and would you
>> be willing to do that? I also wonder if there are any performance etc
>
> I assume you mean all the dlls, libs and headers. Would it be worth
> including Qt in that? The documentation on building that with
> Visual Studio is pretty clear. I'll have a look at trying this
> bundle, not sure how long it'll take. I need to have a try at
> building gdal and geos with some suggestions from Mateusz that
> should result in something more easily bundled than my current
> hacked together environment.
>
> Anyway, I'll post a patch that should allow those willing to work
> out building the dependencies for themselves to build this with VC+
> +. I'll then look at the dependencies bundle. I'm guessing there
> could be problems with simply using the FWTools bundle as I assume
> it was built with msys.
>
> David

Tim Sutton

openModeller Desktop Developer