[Qgis-developer] How to refresh the legend from a plugin

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 30 04:08:09 EDT 2007

Hi Jürgen and Tim,

Thak you for the patch. It is good and I will apply it after 0.9 release.
Please remind me after 0.9 so that I don't forget.

One small correction to the patch: the forward declaration of QgsLegend in
qgisinterface.h is not necessary.

>PS: I also noticed that some functionality could be moved from gui/app
>classes to core classes to be more useful to plugins. E.g. what
>QgsUniqueValueDialog::changeClassificationAttribute() does could be
>moved to QgsUniqueValueRenderer

The extension of the plugin interface (as done in your patch) is the way to
go. Moving the content of
QgsUniqueValueDialog::changeClassificationAttribute() to
QgsUniqueValueRenderer is not possible, because the renderer classes (in core
lib) are not allowed to have any dependencies on gui classes (e.g. legend).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler