[Qgis-developer] about ogr provider

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 30 13:38:17 EDT 2007

Hi Godofredo,

The ogr provider is mostly used for reading shapefiles and GML. Afaik those
datasources have only one layer per file (which fits perfectly with the
approach in qgis).
Is it possible that oracle, mysql, postgresql in ogr have multiple layers per
datasource? If yes, then we should think about how to handle that in QGIS.
I'm in favour that the plugin asks the ogrprovider how many layers are
present and the plugin then creates one Vectorlayer for each ogr layer.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler