[Qgis-developer] 0.9 Python modules on windows

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 14:33:55 EDT 2007

Jesse Ayers wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I tried copying the \qgis folder into
> \site-packages as well, to no avail.
>
> I did not compile 0.9 myself, I was using the compiled version provided by
> Tisham in a post made on Sunday.  I just tried to download it again,
> although both the NSIS installer and the zipped binary files appear to be
> corrupt now.  I cannot install or unzip either file at this point.  Further
> experimentation will probably have to wait until this evening when I get
> home.
>

>>In both the PATH and PYTHONPATH environment variables.  Is one
>>of these paths or locations correct?

  Are you sure these are being set right? In python, do:

import sys
sys.path

and check. I've not read the docs for PYTHONPATH on windows, but I cant
quite explain why:

C:\Documents and Settings\rowlings>set PYTHONPATH="c:\foo"

and then

C:\Documents and Settings\rowlings>c:\Python25\python
Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win 32
 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.path
['', 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\rowlings\\"c:\\foo"', ....

  What the? Its appended what I wanted to my windows' 'home'
directory... I dont understand...

  You can modify sys.path from within python if Windows refuses to play
sensibly :)

Barry

  Barry