[Qgis-developer] 3D visualization + NVIZ

Gino Pirelli l.pirelli at acsys.it
Tue Jul 31 07:24:43 EDT 2007

Hi you can find the free article here

http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/workbooks/n5/full.php

we didn't release code due to the fact that QGIS plugin and all processing
chain was deeply related with our DB architecture. Something too difficult
to generalise... too much not prevented work for us (we release only nviz
functions that where natively general... e.g flythrough)

conceptually...we modified a Radim Blazek (thanks thanks) qgis plugin to
create time/spatial queries on our DB. This is useful to prepare data
layers (project.qgs).
Then we developed tcl scripts to transform a qgis project in a nviz
show... where a nviz show is something that manage time series data (map
sequences)

wasn't so simple to realease this nviz component

so the chain was: prepare sequence with qgis Plugin->project qgis->prepare
data for nviz->nviz

I think should be more interesting to integrate applications that natively
manage time series (e.g paraview)

thanks to the community

Gino Pirelli

> Please note: people at acsys.it implemented a way to show NVIZ from
> within QGIS some times ago. Unfortunately, they never send it back to
> qgis-dev, AFAIK.
> pc
>
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Hi Bayamba Mendbayar
>>
>> Currently NVIZ within QGIS is not suported as far as I know. We will be
>> working to integrate OSSIM Planet for 3D (2.5D really I guess) support
>> in QGIS, but I cant give you any specific timeline as to when this will
>> be available.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
> --
> Paolo Cavallini
> http://www.faunalia.it/pc

ATTENZIONE: le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono da considerarsi confidenziali ed il loro utilizzo e' riservato unicamente al destinatario sopra indicato. Chi dovesse ricevere questo messaggio per errore e' tenuto ad informare il mittente ed a rimuoverlo definitivamente da ogni supporto elettronico o cartaceo.

WARNING: This message contains confidential and/or proprietary information which may be subject to privilege or immunity and which is intended for use of its addressee only. Should you receive this message in error, you are kindly requested to inform the sender and to definitively remove it from any paper or electronic format.