[Qgis-developer] distance measure feature isn't working correctly

Byambaa Mendbayar mendbayar_b at mongol.net
Tue Jul 31 22:04:19 EDT 2007

Dear Maciek,

In the finally I got a correct result from distance measuring and area
measuring tools. But it does have to follow too complicated rules which are
following:

1. To activate the "Enable the fly projection"
2. To select your preferred unit (degree/feet/meter)

You have to firstly activate "Enable the fly projection", if you reverse
above order then you should be re-assign preferred unit again :-(

Also there have strange thing still there. My setting of unit is switched by
degree when I set my preferred unit (mostly meter). Is that bug or not?!

In before (I mean 0.8.0 and 0.8.0 pre2) distance and area measuring tools
were working well without above extra rules!!! (I mean in before I haven't
set previously activate the "Enable the fly projection".)
It's better to end-user. Isn't it?

In the end thanks a lot for your kind help and advice.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Byambaa Mendbayar