[Qgis-developer] Re: OSX build notes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jun 5 12:26:04 EDT 2007

Some more universal notes.

- Strickly speaking, the universal SDK is only needed when building
ON PPC.  The system on Intel is already universal, so the SDK isn't
needed for linking.

But, when I removed the SDK path from CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT, cmake still
inserts the -isysroot flag, just without a value.  This breaks GCC.
So, it's a bit of a bug in cmake, and the SDK path is always needed.

- So, a problem with the SDK (and it is still needed when using the
ccub trick, unless you hack the ccub source and remove it) is that
only the system paths are in the SDK (it's kind of like chrooting
everything).  Anything installed in /usr/local or other non-standard
locations, and even /Library/Frameworks, will not be found.

The way around this, if the SDK must be used, is to symlink those
into the SDK (one of the rare times I mess with Apple-installed stuff).

For /usr/local:

sudo ln -s /usr/local /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local

For /Library/Frameworks:

sudo mkdir -p /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Library
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/
Library/Frameworks

And others similarly.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy