[Qgis-developer] Final test builds before QGIS 0.8.1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jun 11 01:14:02 EDT 2007

Dear all

Tonight (11/6/2007) we will finally tag the 0.8.1 release. We were
hoping to do it this weekend but various issues prevented that. Before
we do the final tag, could I ask all of you with your varied operating
systems and distributions to make a quick test build and verify that
it compiles. If it builds successfully please just reply to this email
with a one liner e.g.

Ubuntu dapper i386 -- compiled ok

or (hopefully none of these) e.g.:

Windows 3.11 for Workgroups - compile failed

svn co https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/branches/Release-0_8_0 qgis0.8.1

Please note that we will not be fixing any more bugs for this release
and all currently open bugs will be pushed forward to 0.8.2  / 0.9, so
really all I want to know is if what we have in SVN  builds for
everyone or now.

Separately to this, I would like to ask people who are able to help
with packaging  to please enlist yourselves here:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/PackagingHelpers so that we can
coordinate packaging efforts. I saw some debian packages for the
preview versions of QGIS 0.8.1 floating around - were these made using
cmake or auto* for the build. Is there anything that needs to be added
to svn prior to tagging for packaging purposes?

Many thanks for your patience with the emergence of this release....

Tim Sutton
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net