[Qgis-developer] a little python confusion and problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 20 13:44:45 EDT 2007

I am a little confused about Python support in Qgis.  In building
Qgis 0.8.1, SIP wasn't found for some reason, yet msexport still
built.  So, it seems that there is a basic Python dependency (this
one I remember from 0.8.0) for MapServer export, and a separate
dependency on Python + SIP and PyQt for ? -- direct Python bindings
to Qgis itself?

If that's the case, it should be made more clear in the install docs,
so I don't rack my brains too much over why SIP wasn't found.

I can't figure out why SIP wasn't found.  The cmake --debug-output
option doesn't tell me any more than without it.  I don't see a log
file with anything useful.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin