[Qgis-developer] Re: classification of rasters

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Mar 10 23:39:06 EST 2007

Hi Marco

I built your changes  and played around with the stuff in the new tab
- looks cool! I would say yes we should disable it unless pseudocolour
is active (since that caveat caught me out already until I came back
and re-read your email :-)

Will you make it respect the transparency settings that Peter is
implementing? Nice work!

Regards

Tim

2007/3/10, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I commited a first attempt for raster classification to the transparency
> branch. The colormap entries are stored in
> QgsRasterLayer::mValueClassification and are drawn in
> QgsRasterLayer::drawSingleBandPseudoColor.
>
> There is a new tab 'colormap' in the raster properties dialog now.
> Custom classification currently only kicks in if pseudo color mode is active.
> Should the colormap dialog be disabled if this is not the  case?
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>

> Am Samstag, 10. März 2007 11:44 schrieb Tim Sutton:
> > Hi Marco
> >
> > Sounds cool! I'm also in favour of a new tab since I dont like lots of
> > pop up windows ala arcmap.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > 2007/3/10, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> > > Hi Tim,
> > >
> > > I did some experiments with classifications by evaluating value against a
> > > set of classes. It slows down rendering a bit, but speed seems still
> > > acceptable for a first version. I may return and try to enhance speed
> > > with color tables later.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to program a GUI for the classification now. I see two
> > > possibilities:
> > >
> > > A new tab called 'custom color map' in the raster layer properties,
> > > containing the GUI elements to create a classification.
> > >
> > > A button 'custom color map...' under the color map combo box. This would
> > > pop up the dialog for creating the classification.
> > >
> > > I'm more in favour of the first one, as it allows users to immediatly try
> > > out the symbology by pressing 'apply'. What do you think?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Marco

Tim Sutton

Home Page: http://linfiniti.com