[Qgis-developer] API changes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:57:40 EDT 2007

On 3/28/07, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

> As the provider changes affect the core of QGIS, I suggest we should make them
> in a branch so that 0.9 is always in a stable state. It will be no problem to
> merge them back if the progresses are fast.

Right, this change seems to be a bit greater so doing it in branch makes sense.

I've thought also about a possible addition of dataset class - as
proposed here: http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Redesign_of_QGis_data_model
However it would be probably better to wait for a while with this one
and few others like addition of feature caching, filtering, better
geometry handling etc.

So if you have time to start with select(), reset(), getNextFeature()
improvements, let's create a new branch for it, I hope to contribute
also. I guess it's possible to get this done in about a week or two
and then to merge back.

Martin