[Qgis-developer] merging raster transparency branch soon?
ersts at amnh.org
Tue May 8 09:16:44 EDT 2007
There are still a couple of things that should be done before merging.
1) Basic stretching is only in the single band gray, multiband color and
single band pseudo color rendering routines. The remaining routines need
to be evaluated for the appropriateness of have stretching capabilities.
2) Transparency band - Transparency should be able to be set from values
in a band in the current image or from a band in any image loaded.
3) May want/need to add the color ramping to other rendering routines
(?) <--This dovetails with #1
4) as you mentioned, transparency values should be save in the project file
5) Verification that GUI elements are enabled/disabled appropriately and
cleanly depending on image type and desired display method
6) testing, testing, testing......
In all it is not that much work, just need two seconds to be able to sit
down and think about it. Now that I have finished with a plugin that i
was frantically trying to complete, I will make a concerted effort to
set aside some dedicated time to wrapping this up.
Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> I'd like to ask what the opinions are about merging the changes in raster
> transparency branches to svn head soon.
> In my opinion, one additions that needs to be done before the merge is
> reading/saving the transparent pixel values from/to project file. Tim, Peter
> and others, are there more issues that need to be resolved in the branch
> before merge?
Peter J. Ersts, Project Specialist
American Museum of Natural History
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, New York 10024
Tel: (212)-496-3488 or (212)-769-5742
Fax: (212)-313-7295 or (212)-769-5292
Open Source, Open Mind.
...evolving through community cooperation to change the world bit by bit
More information about the Qgis-developer