[Qgis-developer] QGIS crash on Mac OS X -- 0.8 release branch

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Wed May 9 01:06:30 EDT 2007

This problem turns out to happen here in providers/ogr/
qgsogrprovider.cpp
:
void QgsOgrProvider::loadFields()
{
     //the attribute fields need to be read again when the encoding
changes
     attributeFields.clear();
}

When attributeFields.clear() is called, the crash occurs. If I
comment it out, the layer will load fine, with the untidy side effect
of having two sets of every field in the attribute table.

The attributeFields member is a std::vector. I thought maybe
something was amiss in my setup, so I wrote a small test program to
create a vector, populate it, and clear it. It works fine.

Any mac experts have any ideas as to why this is happening? I'm using
the frameworks from kyngchaos.com.

-gary