[Qgis-developer] QGIS crash on Mac OS X -- 0.8 release branch

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun May 13 02:26:16 EDT 2007

On May 13, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Gary Sherman wrote:

> Yes, I just uploaded it to http://gisalaska.com/qgis_081.dmg

Rats, those Qt frameworks are linked weird (and are not bundled in
the Qgis app package).  I have Qt 4.2.2 installed (from source), but
not in any standard location.  So Qgis won't start at all.

>> I'm curious - where did you get your GRASS.app or how did you
>> build it?  I have a 6.2.1 build available that mirrors, mostly,
>> the OSX app build I added recently to 6.3 CVS. That is, I've
>> sortof made my way the official way to build GRASS as an OSX app ;)
>>
> I thought I got it from you :)
> I'm downloading your 6.2.x now...
> -gary

I don't have the 'grass-6.2.1' subfolder in my GRASS.app build, so I
don't know how Qgis could have linked /Applications/GRASS.app/
Contents/Resources/grass-6.2.1/lib/libgrass_*.  It's possible I did
that in an earlier build.

PS. Tom, are you getting these emails direct (I cc'd you), or just in
the list?  I got a spam bounce from Comcast, but only on the second
reply I made.  I'll see if I get another bounce with this reply...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy