[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] QGIS mapserver project

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:17:14 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> [...]
> Some time ago, I started to write a plugin which generates an SLD
> configuration file for the server from loaded QGIS layers. But maybe
> import/export from/to SLD would also be interesting for QGIS gui?

Yes, that might be interesting.

> What do you think are the most important missing symbology capabilities?

I was thinking of rendering some roadmaps, so this comes to my mind:
- one way streets - need to present their direction with arrows
- road number - to be repeated along the road
- lines with border - usual appearance of roads - this can be worked
around by drawing a layer twice - first with thickier pen, then with
narrower pen

Martin