[Qgis-developer] Development needed: Georeferencer plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:02:39 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Oleg Gusev <oleg at crista.uni-wuppertal.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2007 22:41 schrieb Martin Dobias:
> >
> > While it makes possible what has been asked for,
> > it's not a definitive solution - definitely should be done with a map
> > tool.
> >

>  Hi Martin,
>
>   i posted the patch to show that it's very easy to add the 'click'
>   support to georeferencer plugin. For the full support a
>   maptool icon is needed together with some user documentation.

Hi Oleg,

yes I understand the purpose - it serves well to show that this
functionality is not hard to implement and my criticism was not
against the patch - it was against commiting the patch as-is to trunk.

How a definitive solution should work:
I suggest creating a generic map tool (that would go to GUI library),
that tool will emit a signal with coordinates on left / right click.
This way georeferencer can create it and temporarily set it as an
active tool, let the user click on canvas and then make the original
tool active again.

Regards
Martin