[Qgis-developer] 'Publish to web' plugin for QGIS mapserver

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 1 07:23:42 EDT 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 00:23:59 Matthew Perry wrote:
> Would it be feasible to extend the QGIS wms server to read directly
> from .qgs files? I think one of the main benefits of having a
> QGIS-based WMS server would be to combine the configuration of desktop
> and web maps into a single format. Wouldn't it nice to stylize your
> map in qgis then immediately make that .qgs project file immediately
> available on the web?

This is now possible with the 'publish to web' plugin. Just load layers into
qgis, symbolize them, open the 'publish to web' plugin to export the current
project to the web.

On the QGIS mapserver page
(http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/qgis_wms/download/index.html) there are sources and
binary packages available, both for 'QGIS mapserver' and the 'publish to web'
Plugin.

So if you have apache and FastCGI configured, it is straightforward to publish
your QGIS maps on the web (and if not, it is also straightforward to install
the packages apache2, libapache2-mod-fcgid and libfcgi0c2 on Linux).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler