[Qgis-developer] compiling xerces on mingw

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 1 12:32:16 EDT 2007

Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the GRASS binaries for Win also need Xerces-C support.
> I recall that Xerces is in the GDAL binaries for QGIS.
> Could you post some instructions on which version of
> the source code was used and how to compile it under
> MinGW? I'd be very grateful for this, as it seems
> to be somewhat complicated.

Benjamin,

I've never used MinGW myself, but I can confirm that I successfully build
GDAL 1.4.x and SVN with GCC 4.x using following versions of Xerces:
2.7.0
2.8.0
3.0.0 (SVN)

Here you can find some confirmation about GDAL & Xerces:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1799
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1924

Summarizing, I believe you can use any of these 3 versions with GDAL & QGIS,
but I'd suggest 2.8.0 as latest stable version.

Here you will find instructions about how to build Xerces using MinGW:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix.html

See section "Building on UNIX/Linux/Mac OS X platforms".

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net