[Qgis-developer] [patch] fix for #790/#791

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 5 09:00:20 EST 2007

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 05. Nov 2007 at 14:33:19 +0100, Martin Dobias wrote:
> please can you give me an example when is this useful? It seems a bit
> weird to me if the tool leaves rubber band on map canvas when it's not
> active.

The reporter was digitizing, hit an edge and wanted to pan.  He simply
switched to the pan tool, did that and reactivated the original tool to
continue digitizing.  That didn't work as the input so far was lost and
it even crashed.

That's just because the rubberband was deleted on deactivation.  AFAICS
without the deletion the tool just keeps the state as it should and you
can continue digitizing after doing something else.  Moreover the tool
isn't currently aware that the rubberband might disappear in the
process.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden