[Qgis-developer] Low Hanging Fruit - QGIS 0.9.1 Bug Triage

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Mon Nov 5 11:40:31 EST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 8:19 AM, Tom Elwertowski wrote:

> Tim Sutton wrote:
>> I am suggesting to try to find 5 bugs in the bug queue that
>> you think you can squash during the month of November.
>
> I'd can fix https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/440 however this will
> change the contents of the preferences file. Using Qt saveGeometry and
> restoreGeometry methods will replace editable x, y, width, height
> values
> with a binary property. Does anyone depend upon editing these values
> in
> the preferences file or can the change be made?
>
> If this change can be made now, I will also add saveGeometry and
> restoreGeometry calls to other dialogs, thus also closing
> https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/206.

Fixing this would be great. My workaround of late has been to run an
applescript to bring the window back to the main display, but
application support for recognizing this would be much preferable.
Getting the dialogs problem worked out becomes an added bonus.

If this ends up being a problem to fix, I can post my applescript text
to the bug report so an alternative solution is available. I won't
bother if this is going to be squashed.

Cheers,
John