[Qgis-developer] [patch] MSVC patch (less warnings and GRASS)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Nov 5 21:42:16 EST 2007

Hi

2007/11/5, lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk <lists at dwillis.gotadsl.co.uk>:
> > Great thanks - sorry if I missed that before somehow. Btw did you see
> > that qt4.3.2 now builds under msvc ''out the box'' with no kludging?
>
> Is that the non commercial one? I'll need to have a look at that.

Yes MSVC build is supported in open source version now too.

> > I've made a lib zip file with all the deps needed to build qgis except
> > msvc. The idea is that you simply export LIB_DIR environment variable
> > and then all the deps are automatically picked up for you. I just need
> > to ensure all the find rules use the lib dir path (I've tested it over
> > in openModeller which I built linked against qgis MSVC build). So with
> > that I'll probably add an alternate section in your notes for folks
> > like me who prefer to avoid building deps as much as possible.
>
> Does that include GRASS and the python stuff yet..?

So far not yet, but I will add them too (just libs needed for
compiling qgis or libqgis based apps).

The preliminary work I did is here:

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/msvc/

It will no doubt get updated as I get things better organised.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton