[Qgis-developer] Low Hanging Fruit - QGIS 0.9.1 Bug Triage

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Nov 5 22:59:41 EST 2007

Hi John

I'm guessing that this would require some considerable changes (its
more of a feature request than a bug fix really and would need changes
to the UI etc). It may be something better first implemented in in
Marcos advanced editing branch. I think the second half of your
request should be quite straightforward (exporting selected features
to a new layer). We could just extend the functionality of the 'save
as shapefile' context menu for a vector layer. The first part where
you want the same but with features in different layers would be a bit
more tricky to implement as a quick bug fix since it would need some
kind of dialog asking the user how to resolve situations where layers
have different geometry types etc.

My suggestion is to split the bug into two bugs, and I can try to do
the export selected features part for you during the triage
process...if that is helpful to you...

Dont worry about not being a programmer you already make a
contribution by just being involved and filing bugs etc.

Regards

Tim