[Qgis-developer] GRASS support in MSVC build

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Sat Nov 10 05:34:05 EST 2007

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is the idea about having
an MSVC build of QGIS alongside the MinGW build? Does it not
cost a lot of additional effort to maintain two compiler bases?

Does the MSVC build have any particular advantages over the
MinGW build, so that we can expect the MinGW path to be
abandoned in the future?

If so, I for one will not be able to participate in the
development of the Win32 version of QGIS.

Best wishes,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.