[Qgis-developer] First test build of raster branch for windows

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 17:55:44 EST 2007

Peter Ersts wrote:
> Tom Elwertowski wrote:
>> I tried a Mac build and hit the following:
>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> GDALDataset::GetRasterBand(int)
>> GDALDataset::GetRasterCount()
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
> Can you double check your cmake config, it looks like GDAL is not being
> found.

I looked in the generated python/core/Makefile and found no occurrence
of "gdal" anywhere. After appending "-L/usr/local/lib -lgdal" to LIBS,
the link succeeded.

The only occurrences of "gdal" in the corresponding CMakeLists.txt is
within Windows conditionals so it doesn't surprise me that gdal isn't
linked in. The main and advanced-editing branches don't have this gdal
dependency; they link without gdal for me.

I will leave the solution to someone who is familiar with the
Python/CMake build process.

Tom