[Qgis-developer] printing bugs

Steven Bell botsnlinux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:59:16 EST 2007

Here's what I've got for now.  I apologize for not responding sooner.

  I can probably implement a raster legend, but I need some information on
what it should look like and what features it needs to have.

  This bug exists because the point symbols are rasterized to be displayed
on the normal map.  The fix (as I understand it) is to have the symbol
rendering function(s) manipulate the QPainter themselves, rather than
creating a pixmap which the parent draws.  This will require some
significant changes, so 1.0 would be the earliest it would be fixed.  In the
meantime, there is a usable workaround - make the point symbols much larger,
and use a small symbol scale in the composer.

  This has some similarities to #279.  Essentially, the problem is that
QPainter paints onto the composer canvas as if 1mm was 1px.  It should be
fixable with Qt 4.2's QBrush::SetMatrix().  I hope to fix this as part of
the "major redesign", but that will probably be post 1.0.  This can be
partially worked around by using a huge paper size.

  This may be fixed now, as I suspect it was related to #548.  Could those
who have had this bug re-test it?

  This is the Qt font issue - It should be fixed for all composer items
except composer maps.

Most of the bugs regarding SVG still exist.  Qt 4.3 appears to have much
better support for SVG, so most of those bugs should be fixable now.
Hope this helps.
Steven